Junior Teacher for International Primary Class
Erudito Licėjus, located in the heart of Kaunas Old Town, continues to expand and is looking for new team members to start from September 2019. Our modern facilities and innovative approaches currently accommodate around 300 pupils (aged between 6 and 16 years old) and 50 staff. The institute is a registered Cambridge International School and a candidate school for the IB Diploma programme, and an active member of Thinking Schools International.
Our educational philosophy focuses on a quality learning process and excellent learning outcomes. We seek to develop personalities who are keen to learn, can both lead and be lead, are able to create, and are motivated to thrive. If you are an innovative educator who gives priority to integrated education and active learning methods – or if you want to take part in the growth of a modern school and enhance yourself professionally together with a like-minded and diverse group – then we are looking forward to you joining our school community.
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive salary;
· 20 teaching hours per week;
· 40 days paid holiday per year (excluding national holidays);
· Opportunity for personal development and international training, teachers’ further studies are also encouraged.
1. Lessons take place in the school itself, with termly school outings;
2. Primary (Grades 1-4) Class Teachers cover all main subjects with the same group of children;
3. Materials that can be used for teaching include official textbooks and e-resources from the major publishers depending on level and subject, online subscriptions to teachers’ resources database etc.
4. Facilities that can be used for teaching and learning include a well-equipped school library, primary and secondary laboratory, ICT lab, music studio, and the arts complex;
5. The whole school is connected with wifi and all classrooms include interactive whiteboards. There are also tablets available for reservation to be used during lessons;
6. Teachers are encouraged to create and apply their own materials in their lessons;
Note: We particularly welcome teacher-couples and families.
· A bachelor’s degree or better
· A clear criminal background
· Teacher training (e.g. PGCE/PGCertEd)
· Teaching experience*
* With experiences teaching the Cambridge Assessment International Education, the International Baccalaureate or equivalent international curricular, at the relevant level.
Why Teachers Want to Work at Erudito Licėjus
Erudito Licėjus is the school that encourages personal growth and is flexible to embrace changes. Currently including around 15 per cent of international staff and 20 per cent of pupils with international backgrounds, we are an ambitious school that looks to grow into the first international school in the Kaunas region in the next few years, currently going through exciting and major transformations.
As a small and new school, internal communication is non-hierarchical and relationships between colleagues are supportive. With four major staff outing events and three staff training during the shorter term breaks, members of staff are highly involved in every process of the shaping of school life- from the revision of educational philosophy, to create applications based on both local and international curriculum, and the brainstorming and implementation of new ideas etc. All teachers are members of at least on Work Group in various developmental processes, and therefore are also highly encouraged and supported for professional developments and further studies.
In the current academic year of 2018-19 for example, teachers events include:
1. Induction and Team building at the Traikai Resort (Aug 2018);
2. Teacher’s Day Trip to the Kaunas Musical Theater (Oct 2018);
3. Christmas Potluck Party (Dec 2018);
4. Best Practice Shadowing trip to Tallin and Helsinki (Feb 2019);
5. Erudito 3rd Anniversary Dinner Party (Apr 2019);
6. End of Year Summer Picnic (Jun 2019);
7. Sponser Gratitude Garden Party (Jul 2019).
Teachers training took place during:
1. Autumn Break (Oct 2018);
2. Winter Break (Feb 2019);
3. Summer Prep (Jun 2019);
4. Cambridge Education Workshop (Jun 2019).
With our city centre locations, all major city facilities are reachable by foot or via the extremely cheap and high-quality public transportation system- nothing is beyond 5 minutes walk from the school! If the daily freshly made school lunches are not up to your tastes, you can easily make use of numerous cafes and diners nearby during your one-hour long lunch breaks and their amazing daily menu deals.
2019 Teaching opportunity in Kaunas
Erudito Licėjus, located in the heart of Kaunas Old Town, and continues to expand and is looking for new team members.
Our educational philosophy focuses on the quality learning process and excellent learning outcomes, where we seek to develop personalities who are keen to learn, able to create and motivated to thrive.
If you are a qualifies teacher with strong English skills who is creative and gives priority to integrated education, active learning methods; if you want to take part in the growth of an innovative school and grow professionally together with people who share the same ideas- we are looking forward to you joining the Erudito Licėjus community.
We guarantee a vibrant and friendly, motivating and supportive work environment, we encourage opportunity for personal development, and we provide a competitive salary and relocation packages.
Here is the list of our current openings:
To apply: Interested applicants, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, titled “Apply: Subject name (Your name)” as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!