The IB Diploma Programme, brought to you by Erudito Licejus in September 2020Erudito
As an IB World school, Erudito Licejus works closely with our community (students, parents, teachers, and the local community) to realize our shared vision of a better and more peaceful world, achieved through intercultural understanding and respect. As an IBDP school, we are part of a global community of schools committed to developing knowledgeable, caring young people who will be ready to negotiate their futures successfully and make contributions resulting in a more harmonious and peaceful world. Our DP students will graduate and undertake activities that enhance social, cultural and economic environments locally, nationally and, perhaps, internationally in the foreseeable future.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum sets out the requirements for the study of the DP. The curriculum is made up of the DP cores and six subject groups. Starting from September 2020, Erudito Licejus will be offering the following eleven IBDP subjects:
- Group 1 Students in Language and Literature: English Language and Literature, Lithuanian Literature.
- Group 2 Language Acquisition: English B, German B.
- Group 3 Individuals and Societies: Business Management, History.
- Group 4 Sciences: Computer Science, Biology, Physics.
- Group 5 Mathematics: Application and Interpretation (AI), Approaches and Analysis (AA).
- The DP Core subjects: Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS), Extended Essay (EE), Theory of Knowledge (TOK).
DP students are required to choose six subjects and the combination of the DP subjects that Erudito Licejus offers leads to main study routes focusing on five possible university study focuses, leading to five feasible fields of careers choices:
- Business Management
- Computer Science
Something special about the IB Diploma Programme here at Erudito Licejus are:
- Our IB Diploma Programme teachers are professional (some are also IB examinors), experienced (with an average of 10+ years of teaching experience), and committed educators who are passionate about their field and supporting young people.
- Our teachers are either First Language English Speakers or are proficient to work bilingually in both English and in Lithuanian.
- Our low teacher to student ratio (no more than 1:20) allows for students to receive differentiated support and lots of extra personal attention.
- Our extraordinary University/Careers Counselling support for our students both preparing for application into the top universities globally, but also guides them alongside the exploration to a rewarding and fulfilling careers choice.
- Our school community is a tight, transparent, and trusting big family, where we all thrive to be the best that we can be, and tries to make a difference to the world around us.
More information can be found in our: